Francis Arsene FOGUE KUATE is member of the Cameroon History Society. He holds a position of Assistant Lecturer at the University of Buea (Cameroon). He is Scientific Coordinator at COREDEC (Community Research and Developement Centre) and Research Fellow at Cresa-Benin and at the Support Research Centre-Laboratory of Social Sciences where he contributes to the training of American students of the School for International Training (SIT). As far as research is concerned, FOGUE KUATE has many ongoing researches on Media in Cameroon. His scientific interests are Media history; ICT , political and cultural values, Youth and ICT. His M.A. dissertation was related to the socio-cultural effects of media in the Adamaoua province (Northern Cameroon). His ongoing PhD Thésis is on Media, Politics and Historiography in the Northern Cameroon.
-From 27th February to 2nd March 2014: he attended the first congress of Cameroonians historians organised by the University of Maroua, Cameroon. Paper presented: « Les archives radiophoniques au Nord-Cameroun : état des lieux, analyse d’une ségrégation historiographique et perspective d’avenir ».
-From june 20 to june 22, 2012 he participated in the International conference co-organized by the Codesria, the African Studies Centre (Leiden) and the Univesrity of California Santa Barbara (USA) on: "Archives of the Post Indepence Africa and its Diaspora". Paper presented: "Enjeux et défis de l'exploitation des archives radiophoniques dans la recherche en sciences sociales au Nord-Cameroun" (Issues and Challenges of Operating Radio Archives in Social Sciences' research in the Northern Cameroon), Goree-Senegal.
-From Junuary 4 to Junuary 9, 2011 he took part in a workshop on New Media Entrepreneurs and Media Landscapes in Subsaharan Africa. Workshop organized by Goethe Universitat, Point Sud and DFG, Bamako, Mali.
- Participation in a workshop organized by the Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF-eastern europe Branch) on the management of online scientific Writing and publishing, July 26-30 2010, Bucarest, Romania.
- Participation in the symposium organized by the University Cheikh Anta Diop and the Senegalese Government on the Creation of the United States of Africa, Dakar, Senegal, July 2009.
-From october 10 to october 12, international colloquim organized by LASDEL on the Contribution of Socioanthropology and Political sciences in the srudy of african public space, Niamey, Niger.
- Participation in the International Conference on "New Media and Religious Transformations in Africa", Abuja, Nigeria, July 10-12, 2008: Paper presented entitled: "Evangelization through media in Muslim communities: A case study of Sawtu Linjiila in Northern Cameroon from 1960 to 2003".
- From July 29 to July 30, 2008, attendance as invited Junior Scientist, in the Humboldt Kolleg Kamerun conference on "E-Learning, Research-Development in Cameroon: Challenges and Perspectives", Yaounde, Cameroon.
- Participation as Member of the organization committee of the conference organized by the Research Support Centre-Laboratory of Social Sciences on the theme: "Cameroonian youth faced with poverty and development challenges", Ngaoundere, Cameroon, May 2008.
- Participation in the Second International Conference on "Media art, sciences and technology" organized by Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH in cooperation with Haus Der Kulturen Der Welt, Berlin, Germany, November 15-18, 2007: Poster presented entitled: "The contribution of Technical Centres to the Development of Media Arts in Africa: A case study of the Audiovisual Professional Training Centre of Ekounou (Yaounde-Cameroon).
- In October 2007, he was in Senegal for the 2007 session of the Child and Youth Studies Institute organized by CODESRIA on the theme "African Youth Cultures and the ICT Revolution". He had also attended to several international conferences;
- from October 30 to November 03, 2006, he took part in a workshop organised in Burkina Faso by the Council for the Development of Social Sciences Research in Africa (CODESRIA) ;
Besides, Francis Fogue received many grants from the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA), The Laboratory on Social Process (LASDEL), the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and the COREDEC.
Bonne visite de mon Blog
- Quelle est la signification politique de la visite de la première dame gabonaise au Cameroun: S'achemine t on vers une diplomatie entre premières dames exclusivement?? dans Sujets d'actualité
- La place des premières dames sur la scène politique africaine: cas de Chantal Biya. dans Questions politques